Recover My Photos - How to Upgrade to V6
Upgrade from v6
Existing licenses of Recover My Photos can be upgraded to the latest version at a discounted rate. To upgrade:
- Login to your GetData customer account;
- Select which license you wish to purchase: Professional or Data Recovery Technician (see below for further information);
- Click on the link and checkout;
- Your Recover My Photos license key will be immediately sent to you.
Enter your Recover My Photos key into the program activation window to activate the ability to save files.
Upgrade license options for existing customers
|Recover My Photos||Professional
|Computer hard drives|
|FAT 32, XFAT, NTFS, HFS|
|Scan Image Files|
|Software Key Activation|
What license is best for me?
Professional license: A Recover My Photos 'Professional' license is for all versions of Windows. It works with computer hard rives, cameras, camera cards and other removable media. An activation key can be used on two physical PC's, e.g. a home desktop and home laptop.
Data Recovery Technician: A Recover My Photos 'Data Recovery Technician' license is intended for users who perform data recovery services for third parities. It includes all the features of the Professional license, but in addition to a software key, a license key is also provided on a hardware dongle so that it may be taken from machine to machine to perform the recovery.
Whats new in RMP v6
For those of you who are familiar with Recover My Photos version, you will notice some significant changes in the latest version. Our objectives in developing this version were for it to be:
- Easier to use
- Recover more files in a greater variety of data loss situations
Major new features include:
New File Types Added
New camera, video and music file types have been addded, including: mts, m2ts, nef, arw, crw and more.
The program interface has been streamlined.
We have re-designed the drive selection window, making it easier to see which drive letters are attached to which physical drives.
Save and Reload Search Results
It is now possible in Recover My Photos to run a search for deleted or lost files, save the search results and then reload the search results at a later time.
Important! - If you use this feature, avoid writing any new data to the drive in the interim. If you do, the contents of the drive will have changed and the search results may no longer point to valid data (i.e. it could be overwritten and destroyed by the new data).
File saving has had a major overhaul. Options now exist to: skip empty files and folders, ignore large files, rename illegal file characters etc.
Recover My Photos has a new and more robust CD/DVD burning engine. It will provide a compatibility with a wider range of CD/DVD burning hardware. Recover My Photos continues it's ability to burn directly from the search screen to CD/DVD without creating temporary files during the process.
Search Results Display
Recover My Photos has an improved search result display:
- Folder View: shows the recovered file and folder structure;
- File View: sorts the file types by their type (e.g. .tif, .jpeg, .raw);
and two new display tabs have been added:
- Date: To quickly display files grouped by their created, modified or access date; and
- Find: a powerful tool to search through scan results for specific files based on user criteria.
Image File Support
It is possible in Recover My Photos to directly search an image of storage media. Supported image formats include EnCase.e01, and DD or RAW.
Download Recover My Photos: Digital Photo Recovery Software
- Click the "Download" button below and download "RecoverMyPhotos-Setup.exe" to your computer.
- Run "RecoverMyPhotos-Setup.exe" and follow the on screen installation instructions.
- NOTE: Software will only run on Windows PC's